Look What I've Accomplished!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Monday, May 21, 2012

Paleo update

This is my 3rd week on the paleo/primal life style.  I love it.  Its easy, it's effective (I've lost 22 pounds) and it's tasty.  So much makes sense now.  I never understood why I always felt like crap after I ate of bowl of pasta (I love(d) pasta..!!) There were things I just didn't digest well, things I craved and I'm talking serious binge worthy cravings.  It sort of reminds me of alcoholism, it's as though I kept tempting myself by allowing sugar, flower and wheat in my diet.  These foods triggered insane cravings in me.

Craving talk aside, my body is shrinking, I fit in a pair of jeans that I couldn't fit into 3 months ago (before paleo).  Right before I started I still had to wear a long winter coat and last week it got chilly outside so I put it on while I sat on the porch with hubby and the coat was baggy in the tummy area.  This is progress and it'll only get better.  How can I knock something that is making me lose weight, feel better, is good for my health and so much more...

I believe I'm 90% paleo because I'm still eating some dairy in tiny quantities; butter (on mashed cauliflower or other vegetables), cheese (in salads) and dressing (on salads) and diet soda.  I plan on creating my own paleo friendly dressing this evening, tons of recipes online and I might even tackle paleo mayonnaise (easier than you think).

This is a tasty, healthy and effective way to eat in my humble opinion.

Of course please check with your doctor before starting any new diet.

Thanks!

Sassle!

No comments:

"This blog is so much more then writing about my weight loss journey it has become an extension in helping me know who I am and who I can be."

Sassle