Look What I've Accomplished!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Friday, February 27, 2009

Anoher Fine day on plan with a life hiccup!

Another great day on plan! We had a huge snowstorm yesterday, I live on a beautiful farm in the Midwest where we got 8 inches of snow, the drifts have the hubby and I snowed in and yet we still managed to take his pick up truck and go to an AA meeting.

All day long I wanted to go to the meeting but knew the snow might deter us from going as luck (good or bad) would have it, one of the men that lives in the house below us has started drinking again, his relapse is typical they are always planned ahead subconsciously or consciously. So that was plenty of motivation for hubby and I to brave the snowstorm and get to a meeting. It was a great meeting on the 11th Step.

Now back to The South Beach...

Breakfast was the usual egg, spinach, onions, garlic, cheese, mushroom thing that I make every day. Some days I fry them, others days it's an omelet and then there's my famous scrambled :)

Lunch was a T-Bone steak, this time I cut the fat off first (hubby kept his) it was good, I had it with a salad, mushrooms, garlic and onions oh and a balsamic vinaigrette.

Dinner was my version of White Bean Chili, I replaced the chicken with ground turkey and added some more veggies. I have found the more veggies I add, the more satisfied I am with my meals, plus it keeps me regular :).

Tomorrow is the AA event, we're supposed to dress "nice" which is hard on both my budget and with what I already have in the closet. I'll make due, I'm thinking though of washing the grey (there's not too much) out of my hair, straightening my hair (it's long now) and some fresh makeup (I can be quite pretty) and some dark clothes (got plenty of that) and voila!

Have I mentioned that I've been taking these pills called Optivite PMT they are for those of us who suffer greatly from PMS (that's me!) that with some Omega-3 fish oil tablets and my healthy food choices, I've never felt better. I'm PMS'ing as I write this and don't feel anything other then a bit of sadness for our friend who is now out there drinking.

That's all for now and thanks for coming by!

Sassle!

1 comment:

new*me said...

Fun snowstorm!! It's great that they didn't cancel the meeting---and even greater that you got there.

I bet the diet itself will have a big impact on your pms.......getting off sugar can really help with the symptoms. Mine have gotten so much better---what an amazing benefit from eating right!

"This blog is so much more then writing about my weight loss journey it has become an extension in helping me know who I am and who I can be."

Sassle