Look What I've Accomplished!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Food Diary

Friday, March 13, 2009

Phase II Day 1

Well, we are now officially on Phase 2 of the South Beach Diet. I never thought this day would come, I know that sounds silly but its true. I went to Walmart last night to buy some food and brought my trusty South Beach Diet book and had $40.00 to spend.

I did OK, I had some choices to make, pasta or rice, I've never been a rice person so whole wheat pasta won, I could find the steel cut oats (or something like that) so I got Shredded Wheat instead, I got some sugar/fat free pudding (will eat one this weekend) and a few odds and ends.

I don't know if I mentioned how my neighbor gets me fruits/veggies cheap, i.e. if I get tomatoes, garlic, broccoli, spinach etc... it goes in one bag and costs $1.00 so that's pretty good, oh and he works at an organic store so it's all organic too. For some reason though he refuses to get me spinach. I don't know why, I keep asking and never get it, I get arugula which has a nice bitter taste to it that I enjoy mixed in other salads, or mache aka lamb's lettuce I don't know why he won't bring me spinach LOL. So I bought spinach from Walmart because I'm addicted to the stuff and feel like something's missing if I don't have a bag in the house. I put spinach in everything from eggs, chicken, beef whatever meal is cooking I throw in spinach.

I just completed the Leslie Sansone Get Up & Get Started 1 mile, I also joined LiveStrong.com and set up a dare for myself to walk 20 minutes a day (this is where Leslie's workouts come in). I got an email from Leslie's website the other day...

If you walk everyday for 30 minutes, you can expect to drop 2 lbs. per week. That means you'll be 12 lbs. slimmer in six weeks! Get a jump start before Spring - less than 2 weeks away!


All I could think of was I want to do this, I actually want to exercise, it's actually bugging me that I have not done so on a regular basis. Being fat is exhausting and I know that's what makes me dread the actual act known as movement.

I'm proud, I did good today, I worked out, took the dog out (will do so again after this post) and I'm invited to a couple's game night tonight so hubby and I plan on eating first then going to game night, then coming home to a delicious portion of jell-o :D

1 comment:

carla said...

LOVE THAT YOU ARE SAYING YOU WANT TO EXERCISE.

so. walking today? 20 min? 10 min? 30?

whats the plan?
MizFit

"This blog is so much more then writing about my weight loss journey it has become an extension in helping me know who I am and who I can be."

Sassle